Now that I’m in the final couple months of pregnancy (!!!), I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want/need for baby girl. I learned a lot with Mae about what products worked well for us and which ones didn’t, and I’m feeling much more confident about my purchases this time around. Here’s my current wish list!
1. HALO Swivel Sleeper Bassinest: This bassinet is a bit pricey, but it’s at the top of my list! We used a mini pack ‘n play in our bedroom with Mae and it was super inconvenient. Our bedroom is small and it took up every inch between the bed and the wall and whenever I needed to get out of bed (which was quite often since I was exclusively pumping), I had to crawl over my husband with all my milk & supplies. Ugh. I am totally on board with this one, and after seeing it in person so is my incredibly frugal husband. Score!
2. 4Moms Mamaroo: I’ve wanted one of these for so long! If I can find a good deal before the baby arrives, I’ll be all over it.
3. Aden + Anais Classic Burpy Bibs: No burpy bibs survived Mae, so we need some more! My go-to favorites are the ones by Aden + Anais. Plus I was lucky enough to find a couple sets for half off!
4. Solly Baby Wrap Carrier: We used a Moby with Mae, but I’m excited to switch to the lighter weight & American-made Solly Baby Wrap for this baby, especially since she’ll be born in the middle of summer!
5. Honest Company Diaper Bundles: We’ve used Honest diapers since Mae was a newborn and have loved them so we have no reason to switch!
6. L’ovedBaby Organic Infant Gown: I didn’t buy any gowns for Mae but received a few Carter’s ones as a baby shower gift – I had no idea how much I’d love them! L’ovedBaby is a bit pricey, but I’ve been able to get them at half off by keeping an eye on Amazon. I just received a couple in the mail yesterday and the quality is superb!
7. Mum2Mum Bandana Wonder Bibs: The hubs’ family always talked about him being a mega-drooler as a baby and I never really understood what they meant until I had Mae. We used to go through a dozen bibs and multiple outfits changes a day just from drool. The girl typically had three lines of drool at once. My mom told me she had never seen anything like it before. I discovered these Mum2Mum bibs when Mae was about six months old and they changed my life (they’re made from super absorbent velour & have a nylon water resistant backing). Another brand we loved was Silly Billyz. Once she got to be about a year old, we got to switch to some more stylish options.
8. Fisher-Price Auto Rock’n Play Sleeper: We borrowed a Rock ‘n Play with Mae and loved it! Plus we need something we’ll be able to move quickly and easily from room to room. I love this one because it has auto rock and sound. Plus I love the neutral cover.
9. Fanfan the Fawn Teether: Sophie the Giraffe is a classic, but I want to switch things up with Fanfan the Fawn this time around!
10. Maxi-Cosi Mico AP Infant Car Seat: We had a Maxi-Cosi Infant Car Seat with Mae and had no complaints, so we’ll be doing the same brand with this baby too! We already have the stroller adapters and an extra base.
11. Guava Kids Baby Mittens: We only had one pair of baby mittens make it through Mae so I’ll be buying an extra pair or two. These ones have great reviews!
12. Keekaroo Peanut Changer: I recently discovered this changing pad and immediately put it at the top of my lust list. It has awesome reviews, is sleek, and can be wiped clean (no extra laundry)! Count me in.
13. Covered Goods Multi-Use Nursing Cover: I’ve never used this product and I’m already in love! It’s a nursing cover, car seat cover, & shopping cart cover all in one. I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use!
14. Comotomo Baby Bottle: I’ve heard a lot of good reviews on these bottles (especially from nursing moms) so I’m going to give them a try this time around! We used the Evenflo Classic Glass Bottles with Mae and I think we’ll buy some more for this baby too! I was really happy with them and they’re much more affordable than other glass bottles.
15. Hanna Andersson Organic Pilot Hat & Best Ever First Socks: I hear these socks actually stay on – can’t wait to try them out! And I love the pilot hats for babies. A bit pricey too, but got both on sale last weekend at their store!
16. Natursutten Natural Rubber Orthodontic Pacifier: We mostly used the Phillips Avent Freeflow Pacifier with Mae, but will also try out the Natursutten ones with the new babe. They’re made from 100% natural rubber and are environment friendly. They also match the natural movement of baby’s mouth and because they’re softer than silicone they don’t leave marks on baby’s face. (I’m also planning to buy some leather pacifier clips from Sweet Ruby Co on Etsy.)
17. UPPAbaby Cruz Piggyback Ride-Along Board: We decided (for now) to not worry about a double stroller. Mae’s never been into a stroller anyway so we’ll save the money and just buy a ride-along board for our UPPAbaby Cruz.
And for a bath time I’m going to try out the Blooming Bath (I really like the ivory one). I don’t think we’ll bathe the girls together for quite a few months so I’ll be getting this one for our kitchen sink.
So tell me, where there any products you didn’t have for baby #1 that you wanted for baby #2? I’d love to know!